View Single Post
Old
10-25-2003, 08:15 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
My honest opinion: I think you're waiting to see Hossa turn into a player he isn't (his brother maybe). Hossa was by far the best player of his line tonight. didn't you see that at all? Or will he only impress you when he'll actually start the rush from behind his net, deck 5 players and undress the goalie all by himself? You're being very unfair with him.
I wholeheartedly agree. Marcel is NOT Marian, will people ever get this through their heads. Marcel is a solid, but not spectacular player. If people would watch him closely, instead of being blinded by one of Ribeiro's dipsy doodles that he pulls off once or twice in a game, they would see the little things Hossa does that makes the line successful. He does the dirty work, digs along the boards, works the corners, creates a distraction in front of the net because of his size and strength. I honestly think he is the guy that keeps this line together, but he is an easy out because people like to look at stats. This is a similiar role Bulis played last year alongside Koivu, very successfully mind you. They are not TRUE top six forwards, yet (if ever) but are great complimentary players, and they are key because Montreal doesn't have many of these types, and Montreals scorers or supposed scorers have flaws in their game or are similiar style (one dimensional like Audette, Perreault, Ribeiro).