View Single Post
Old
09-27-2011, 08:58 AM
jagrgodr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
I've had mixed feelings about Jagr for a while now. Was not a fan of the trade when he came here (as I felt he was just another big name destined to fail in NY), but he grew on me. Obviously his first full season here was incredible. But then he pissed me off by selfishly taking that swing at Gomez in the playoffs in 06, cause he was really never the same after that. Yes, he had pretty good year the next season, and I'll never forget that shoot out goal he scored against Carolina late in 07 that helped us get into the playoffs. I was at that game, and I remember the whole season he wouldn't participate in the shootout cause he felt he sucked at it. But at that game when he stepped on to the ice for his turn, the whole place got on their feet and was cheering and almost willing him on. And when he did score, the Garden erupted like I'd never heard before. Probably still the best regular season Rangers game I've ever been to.

But I just remember his last season in particular, he was very frustrating to watch. It was almost as if he forgot how he scored 600 plus goals. All he would ever do was look to pass the puck. He would get a break away and instead of trying to bury a backhander or taking a wrist shot, he would skate behind the net, wait for his teammates to catch up and look to pass to them. And it would NEVER work. I remember being at Brian Leetch night, wanting to KILL him cause he kept holding on to and passing the puck the whole game, and wouldn't shoot.

Sorry for the long post, but whenever I talk about Jagr I get this way. He is a great player, a Hall of Famer for sure. And he did bring this organization back to respectability. So as frustrating as he made me at times, he does deserve to be acknowledged for what he brought to the Rangers for the short time he was here. So, I'd cheer for him pregame warm ups, but once the puck drops, Let's Go Rangers.
your GM decided to go with a bunch of other scrubs instead of Jagr, the writting was on the wall. Gomez & Drury? LOL

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote