View Single Post
Old
09-27-2011, 12:48 PM
newfr4u

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by twins1095 View Post
I know for my highschool we start in June for summer training. We probably skate 3-4 times a week, while lifting/dryland 3-4 times a week as well. That goes till around Late July and then their is a bit of a break. Captains starts basically mid august and we skate twice a week, while lifting 3 times a week.

Practices are generally 1.25 hours to 1.5 hours. Sometimes 2 hours. Than another 1-2 hours for dryland/lifting.

Once, the season actually starts we practice 5 times a week not including any games. (We practice everyday after school.)

To me, this seems like plenty. Although, I wish we were skating a bit more (Probably 3x a week instead of 2) although it's not really a big deal.

I live in Minnesota so we generally have a lot more available ice time than other areas. During the season we probably skate anywhere from 5-7 and sometimes more times a week. Which is fantastic, but you do get burnt our for period during the summer and near the end of the season.

Your kids doing plenty.
what do you kids do in the gym, and what ages are they?

i am interested in hearing what you guys think is a core exercise, and what kind of programming you use with those exercises.

newfr4u is offline   Reply With Quote