View Single Post
Old
09-27-2011, 01:01 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
You started talking about Bob getting the nod last year as if it somehow had any relevance to a discussion of projecting preseason to regular season production (it didn't).
I'm not quite sure how you inferred this other than for straw man reasons. Maybe that (discussion) is the intent of people like Jags6868 but again I will repeat once more....in situations like Jagr who hasn't played in the NHL for 3 years and rookies who haven't played ever or limited games below the threshold so that in their 2nd year they are still considered rookies...there is value and insight that can be gained in a competitive environment against opposing NHL teams. Again nothing more and nothing less. Things like whether they fit in the system or play within it, don't go nuts on the ice like a Rinaldo or Sestito, are in game shape etc etc. That is basically my point..again preseason has worth IMO in these kinds of instances....you categorically say it doesn't because it doesn't correlate with regular season production. I never even argued that point..it's one totally different from what I'm expressing.