Old
09-27-2011, 05:25 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
He was ruled healthy today.

But I agree with Phlocky. I'd love to see Weber or Suter come back, but I'm not sure what the Flyers would be willing to move for any player.

Similar to the previous poster who wished NSH would have been in on the Carter deal, I would have loved to have known that Lombardi and Franson were both being shopped for peanuts (seemingly).
it wasn't for peanuts. at the time the deal was made, there was questions on whether or not Lombardi would play not only this year, but ever again. He still wasn't even riding a stationary bike, and hadn't in almsot a year. Franson was the grease to get the deal done to get a player that, even if healthy, was no longer in the Preds plans (given the acquisition of a similar but better player in Mike Fisher last season). David Poile said he spoke to Homer about both Carter and Richards, but from the sound of it, the Kings and Jackets had pieces (a high first and brayden schenn) that the Preds couldn't offer.

I do think they have interest in Hartnell, and I do think it will happen in time.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote