View Single Post
Old
09-27-2011, 05:32 PM
blokeyhighlander
May = :golfnana:

vCash: 500
If Ovi came into last year in prime shape I think his numbers go down slightly as the league had better adjusted to him but nowhere near as drastically as they did with him not having that breathtaking jump in his step. Ovi looks to be in great shape and I look for him to adjust his game to counter the league's adjustment to his style. I'm expecting a decent year from him.

I'm still not sure what happened to Backstrom last year. I know it wasn't just because Ovi's numbers decreased. My best guess is that he has/had fat cat syndrome combined with a loss of confidence. I'm expecting a slightly better year from him, but still a down year. With MarJo looking bigger but still blazingly fast I bet Bruce will be quick on the trigger to switch the top-two pivots. This will be Bruce's new "throw Semin on the top line" equivalent.

I don't expect any of the kids to make the roster. While they can look good in preseason, we all know they're great at looking amazing for a few games before tailing off to being a liability on this team.