View Single Post
Old
09-27-2011, 10:42 PM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Flyers have a lot of forwards competing for not a lot of spots. If a youngster impresses in the regular season (Read, Couturier, even Simmonds or Schenn apply), then, and only then could I see Hartnell being moved.

I'm a huge Hartnell supporter as he brings an extremely unique skill set to the table, but if he was the piece used to bring in a good, young defender, I'd be open minded.

Nashville is pretty much the only team that has the depth to make such a move. Blum or Ellis would be great acquisitions for the Flyers.

On paper, I think a deal of fair value could easily be made...but the problem is that the Predator's future D core does have some uncertainty, so the willingness to deal Ellis or Blum might not be as high as we might think. The Flyers are also in an odd spot with 4 defenders that could easily be considered better than Blum or Ellis right now, so that might not be a smart move to make right now either.

Lot's of variables in play, so if a move were to be made between the two teams, it would not be for a couple months...and by then, even more variables will be introduced.

So basically, I could see a smaller deal being made including Josi or maybe even Ekholm to bring in a decent top six forward. The Flyers probably wouldnt be moving Hartnell in that type of deal, so I'm not sure I could see a deal being made at this point unless they have interest in someone like Matt Read which they probably dont.

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote