View Single Post
Old
09-27-2011, 11:47 PM
UnrefinedCrude

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Does anyone else find it a tad suspicious that both prospects Feaster traded for are still up at camp? Horak and Byron.

I mean, Byron has looked really good and Horak has been good too but has he really played better than Bartschi or Rienhart?
As an outsider (Oilers fan, but not here to fight,) from what i saw both Baertschi and Reinhart looked as good s the other two (reinhart less consistantly so, maybe,) but I think it was the right move to send both down to Jr.

Baertschi for example is definitely a top 6 guy, line one or two for him. But if he were to crack your lineup, would he be taking that spot, or be shoved into limited minutes on the 3rd or 4th line, where he isn't particularly suited? If he is in that role, he won't help the Flames, and he won't learn as much as would getting primo minutes in Abbottsford.

I think he's already highly skilled, but he's still a fair way away from his ceiling. A team with limited high end skill in the system needs to give him the best opportunity to grow. (limited doesn't mean deplete, BTW, your prospects aren't as bad as the main boards would like to think, but it is a bit light on high end talent, Sutter traded away too many picks.)

baertschi will be force by next season, even earlier if he ends up being a mid season call up.

UnrefinedCrude is offline   Reply With Quote