View Single Post
Old
09-28-2011, 05:27 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

vCash: 500
Outlet pass as a defenseman

I think my biggest problem right now is that I try to force passes up the middle too much. When I first started playing D, I never passed through the middle, ever. I always chipped off the boards or passed to an open guy on my side. As I got more confident, I started passing up the middle until I thought I was doing it too much (and giving it away), so I went back to more off the boards to get it out of zone stuff. My team asked me to try for more actual passes TO people and now I'm back to passing up the middle too much and giving it away.

The problem is that a lot of the time when I pick up a loose puck in my zone on the left side, I look up and all three forwards are skating right and the left side of the ice is empty. If I have time, I'll skate it out, but usually I've got someone closing on me and I'm not going to try to deke the guy alone in the faceoff circle. I feel like chipping it up the boards will result in a giveaway anway, but not in the middle, I guess.

Should I just chip it up the boards and hope that a forward manages to get it or take comfort in the fact that giveaway wasn't in the middle?

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote