View Single Post
Old
09-28-2011, 10:25 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banger View Post
Guys mature at different times of their lives, mentally as well as physically. He probably thought that the only way he had a chance was to play an insane maniac style of play. It got him the attention and he rose all the way up to the NHL at the age of 21. That's not a small feat for a player like him.

Now they are trying to tone him down to become a "regular player". Why can't he succeed, just because he hasn't been a scorer in the past? The team, the NHL Philly Flyers, certainly seem to think he can and why would they waste their time on him if they didn't feel that way...they could care less what he did in the minors, it's completely 1000% irrelevant right now.

He's a very good skater and a hard hitter and those attributes aren't going to disappear. He's never going to be a scorer and that's not why he's on the roster. There is no reason whatsoever that he can't be an agitator that throws big hits on the forecheck and drops the gloves once in a while.

It's generally that scoring ability along with the rough style of play that gets guys noticed and drafted...Zac was able to attract the attention without the scoring. What's the difference if a guy scores in the minors and plays a goon/energy role in the NHL but doesn't score and a guy who doesn't score in the minors and plays an energy role and doesn't score in the NHL? Absolutely nothing....the play in the minors is generally what gets the player on the radar...he was noticed in spite of that. I think you're premise is faulty.
See the thing is, these great skaters/checkers are ussually ones that can play more than 5 minutes a game. Since Rinaldo cant play on the pk, and isnt really defensive reliable, I'd rather have a 4th line player that CAN play on the pk while doing the checking and agitating. And there are plently of 4th liners out there that can do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
Harry Z has actually surprised me more than anyone at camp. I would have said Read, but I already had very high hopes of him making the team. Harry on the other hand I was convinced was AHL fodder that wouldn't even get a preseason game. His speed is very impressive and his age he, like Read won't be "ruined" by being played in the NHL "too early."

I'm sure I'll get flamed for saying this but I'd like to see our 4th line be Talbot, Betts, Harry Z with Nodl or Rinaldo as the 13th.
Honestly, that would be perfect. Harry can do the agitating and forechecking as good as Rinaldo can. The one HUGE difference is that Harry Z can be played on the pk. No one is really talking about it, but I think Harry has a good of a chance as Rinaldo does. Todays lines, Harry played on a line with Betts and Rinaldo. I wouldnt be surprised if that last spot is between Harry and Zac.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote