View Single Post
Old
09-28-2011, 11:07 AM
naihlflames

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Falconboy View Post
Thanks for posting this, Adz. I kinda get tired of people saying we are a better geographical fit in the SE, when in fact, we are a perfect fit for the central.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
We need to be in the Southeast. Or anywhere in the east actually.

3. It's hard to keep a fan base interested when half your road games start at 9-10pm. You can't travel to any road games outside of your division.
Detroit fan visiting your board (checking up on a few FHL prospects I have Geoffrion and Smith). I personally hope the NHL gets creative and either does the 16 team East 14 team West or the 3 conferences of 10. I can see the argument for any of Nashville, Columbus, or Detroit to move east.

My one big argument against Nashville moving East before either Detroit or Columbus is at least Nashville is in the central time zone. When you complain about the late 9p-10p starts for you, it's 10p-11p for Wings fans when they are on the West coast. I really believe the travel and time changes also impacts the playoffs too. My other comment/fear from a Wing's perspective is I know they draw well on the road and the story is other Western Conference GM's will block the Wings from going East where they belong because they don't want to lose the Wings gate when they visit.

Good luck to Pred's nation. I hope you don't mind the commentary from another fan base. I've always respected your franchise for having a good system and developing G's and D-men better than any other. The Preds always come to play and are tough to play against.

naihlflames is offline   Reply With Quote