View Single Post
Old
10-25-2003, 10:40 PM
cram

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitenoise
The offense was bad tonight, but they still got two goals and even had the lead. Some horrible PK'ing and defensive breakdowns were the Oilers' demise tonight. They can learn, but the defense is so shoddy right now that I'd be surprised if they came around very soon. This could be a long season.
Do not start with all this "the season is over" talk before we reach game 10, please people, we're all frustrated, this team obviously needs time to gel. It's not a bad team, it's a team that on any given night can come up big and beat on a team like Colorado, right now, the confidence is down after that game we gave away to the Blues and after the shellacking we took in Denver, but relax, we started slow last year too and we still made the post season. I know there are flaws, and our goaltender's bad habits are making him look awful and some of our players are indifferent and some are trying to do too much and some are doing everything right except the puck isn't going in, it looks more to me like this team is not in sync rahter then being a crap team, I think roles are being determined and some of these guys haven't figured them out yet, even MacT hasnít, he said it himself at the start of the year, he wasn't sure of what he had, but patience, if this inept play continues over the next two or three weeks, then I will be the first to recognize this team sucks, but I really don't think so, I think they will start clicking sooner rather then later, but I agree the Comrie situation needs to be resolve PRONTO!...man, it's hard being an Oiler fan, but for the life of me, I wouldn't cheer for anyone else.