View Single Post
Old
10-25-2003, 09:42 PM
kruezer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belcriss
I will admit the Flames outworked the Oilers tonight, but, I will never condone the trap, or any form of it. I would rather watch the Oilers lose than watch them win playing boring hockey. The only reason the Oilers lost tonight was for three simple reasons, One, they didn't hit/check and two, they didn't skate and three... Salo didn't play very well. Its as simple as that. In the third period after they were down two goals, the bulk of the play was in Calgary's end. Had the Oilers done this from the first period on, and played a full 60 mins, they would not have lost. Its as simple as that.
Exactly, as I said in other posts the Flames are older and more experienced, hence the Oilers not playing a full 60 mins, they lack experience, trust me on this one I'm a Flames fan, I know inexperience inside out I don't know if your suggesting it but the Flames do not play the trap, they play puck persuit, just like Sutter's old team in SJ played, they were never accused of being trappers, why are the Flames? Just cause they are playing low scoring games doesn't mean they trap, it means the offense ain't putting it together yet, they're getting chances, more than the Oilers did tonight. Also they just happen to play good D so they don't get blownout.