Old
09-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
i really dont believe this.. we've tried BR with koivu and selanne for a couple games and it didn't work nearly as well as the old line in the second half of last season.. the old boys were great for us in the second half of last season and into the PO's... mcmillan plays a similar game to blake so it could work but just putting a skilled player on that line wont make it better imo.. blake does all the things necessary on that line so that selanne and koivu have space.. he takes SO much punishment in the corners from d-men its kinda ridiculous... if his contract was just $2 instead of the 4 then he'd have good value imo..

as far as vancouvers lines.. as far as i know the sedins are playing as well as samuelsson and luongo
Do you really think a couple of games is going to give you a good idea of how effective Ryan could be on the 2nd line? Because I don't.

You get to see all the good and the bad Blake brings on that line over the course of an entire season, so it's easy to put things in perspective. But over the course of a couple of games you get none of that. The sample size is way too small.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote