View Single Post
Old
09-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMilli View Post
When did I ever say Blake can't be replaced? Of course he can. My point is, with the current roster, there is no one to replace him. So it kills me to see people ***** about him when he's the best option for that line.
I don't think anyone who is complaining about Blake being on our 2nd line is doing it because they want somone else on our current roster to take his place, but because they want someone from another team to do it. Which, however is a long shot given that Blake's contract is hard to move. I'm all for Blake being on that line with the roster that we have now. Do I think Cogliano could build chemistry with Koivu and Teemu? Sure, why not. But I don't think a third line with Blake, McMillan and Gordon would be very successfull. I realize it's hard to move Blake, and I realize why he's even here to begin with (freeing up space to re-sign Bobby) so I usually don't complain... But if his contract had expired earlier this summer, there's no way I would have wanted the Ducks to re-sign him with the intention of using him as a 2nd liner.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote