Old
09-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMilli View Post
Yeah, well, Fowler wasn't good enough to make Gardiner expendable either.
If Fowler made Gardiner expendable, then he also made Schultz, Sbisa, and Vatanen expendable. I've said it before, but my belief is that Murray was focused on the shiny new toys.

What evidence is there that not having Blake on the 2nd line puts Anaheim out of the playoffs?

Quote:
When it comes down to it, this is what irks me... Blake on the second line works. Period. Say what you want, but it's worked for two seasons now. We also happen to be fortunate enough to have the best line that hockey has seen in years, a line that can completely dominate anyone on any given night. So why in blue hell, would you want to break up the best line, to experiment with an already solid second line, after we finally seem to have found a capable bottom six - the HUGE weakness we had - while in the process making the bottom six worse again because Blake isn't suited for it? Why?
The RPG line isn't even the best line since the lockout.

Blake on the 2nd line works, but it's far from ideal. That 2nd line just wasn't anything special at even strength, and he's the weakest of the three players on that line.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote