View Single Post
Old
09-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
He's shown flashes of looking ready but mostly looks slow and clumsy. I personally don't think he's good enough yet and we have better options for our third line than him. I've got a feeling he will be sticking around for the 9 games regardless of whether he deserves it or not.

Also, surely it's better for his offensive development to dominate juniors getting top line and PP minutes as opposed to playing 8-12 minutes a night in Anaheim and scoring 15-30 points.
This. People need to ask themselves if DSP has looked SO good he will push the Ducks an extra round. My personal opinion is a resounding no, I think he looked slow, wasn't delivering the thunderous hits I was led to believe he'd be doing, and has had minimal appearance on the score sheet. I'm not saying he sucks, but he wasn't that "look at me" rookie either. Let him get better in juniors and be that player next year.

I also think people are way overthinking Blake sitting tonight. It opens a spot to evaluate a rookie for staying up for Europe and/or a 9 game stint. Blake played the last 3 games, they also know what he can do. It's still preseason. Look at the kids in a game situation in what could be a heated game and see who comes to play.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote