Old
09-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
This. People need to ask themselves if DSP has looked SO good he will push the Ducks an extra round. My personal opinion is a resounding no, I think he looked slow, wasn't delivering the thunderous hits I was led to believe he'd be doing, and has had minimal appearance on the score sheet. I'm not saying he sucks, but he wasn't that "look at me" rookie either. Let him get better in juniors and be that player next year.

I also think people are way overthinking Blake sitting tonight. It opens a spot to evaluate a rookie for staying up for Europe and/or a 9 game stint. Blake played the last 3 games, they also know what he can do. It's still preseason. Look at the kids in a game situation in what could be a heated game and see who comes to play.
Yeah, I don't see Blake being scratched tonight as having any meaning at all. Preseason is like that.

I also don't believe DSP has been good enough to make Anaheim stand up and take notice of his play. He hasn't been bad, but it's looked to me like he's still a bit behind the play at times. In my opinion, that's a sign he's still not quite ready yet. The regular season is a step up from preseason, so if he's chugging a bit out there now... Another year should do him good. Give him a rundown of what he needs to work on, speed, conditioning, and so on and let him go play in the Juniors.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote