View Single Post
Old
09-28-2011, 07:31 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Yeah, I don't think so. Barry Trotz demands accountability from all his players and Kostitsyn plays a very good and underrated two way game. Once again, this whole "Zherdev 2.0" garbage is exactly that. He played junior hockey for one of the toughest coaches in the game in Dale Hunter (and contrary to what anyone thinks, Dale Hunter is a very hard coach). He then goes to Montreal and while in Hamilton, hones his time under Don Lever, Ron Wilson and Guy Boucher, also known as defensive minded coaches and now he plays in Nashville under Barry Trotz, another defensive minded coach.

He had a falling out with Jacques Martin over playing time. And you know what? He was right for calling Martin out and wondering why he got scraps for playing time when other veterans who could score in whorehouse with a fist full of thousands hanging out of their zipper were given ice time.

So, before you say he's Zherdev 2.0, you better check out Kostitsyn's background and look at the facts - he has played for several defensive minded coaches who have had nothing but good things to say about him.
I have faith in your assessment....I think the Zherdev comparison is pretty unfair.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote