View Single Post
Old
09-28-2011, 09:40 PM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fo Shea Shea View Post
Not sure if you have been to any games when we play Chicago or St. Louis, but both teams bring in a good number of fans.
I have, many. Before the "balanced" schedule, my ticket packages seemed to give me nothing but freakin' Blues and Hawks games.

FWIW, I looked up the per game attendance from last year, and while we seem to draw very well vs Chicago (multiple sell outs), St.Lou is not nearly the draw. I went back a couple of seasons (i.e. before Chicago was any good), and they're not nearly the draw in 2007-08 that they were in 2010-11.

Also, FWIW, we sold out vs. pitt, nyr, ott, dal, and even Phoenix. There's really no particular team that draws better than any other (except the Wings) over a multi-year sample.

As we know, alot depends on night of the week, particular part of the season, promotions, the game being part of a partial package, comp tix, etc.

Nonetheless, I'd be very surprised if our total attendance did not rise with more visits from teams like the Penguins, Rangers, Bruins, Philly taking the place of teams like Vancouver, San Jose, Phoenix.

Last edited by RaiderDoug: 09-29-2011 at 06:24 AM.
RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote