Thread: Player Discussion: Matt Read (thread started in 2011)
View Single Post
Old
09-29-2011, 05:12 AM
phlocky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
I haven't seen any preseason games, would anyone mind giving me their impression of him so far?

Appreciate it.
He reminds me a lot of Powe but with better offensive abilities.

I remember how everyone here (ok, not EVERYONE but a lot of you) were falling all over yourselves about Powe and saying how he needed to be in our top 9 and some even wanted him as a regular top 6. Powe is a 4th liner and PKer who can fill-in on the top 9 when needed but he doesn't have the offensive abilities to be a consistant top 9 guy.

Right now Read is making a name for himself by hustling his butt off. Good for him, he's making himself a valuable asset to the team right now but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Right now he'd probably be best used as a 4th line PKer or on the 3rd line with our shut-down line (where he can use his "smarts" to stop the other teams top line). Remember, with the exception of them HAVING to jump up into the top 6 because of injuries, none of Richards, Carter, Giroux and JVR played in our top 6 as rookies and sorry but Read isn't anywhere close to the abilities of any of those 4. He'll be a bottom 6 guy for us for now and that's fine with me.