View Single Post
Old
09-29-2011, 12:36 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Might as well keep Josi up here. He can get attention from our training staff, and he can still listen in at practices, watch games, etc. If he has to sit anyway I'd rather he learn from the big boys than sit and watch drills in Milwaukee.

Laakso has looked solid for a few years now. Injuries have held him back, but he has always been a relatively calm, poised defenseman who can hold his own. I think a pairing of him and Hillen will be a better third pairing than we had last year. It won't have the physicality of SOB, but Laakso can separate players from pucks just fine with his 6'1" 215 frame and he won't take incredibly stupid reactionary penalties. Hillen might not have the offensive upside of Franson, but I think he's good for 20-25pts.

Have to agree with token on Ellis and Ekholm. Talent can definitely be seen, but I think they both know that they are so close. They are trying a little too hard. Not a bad thing. Having that desire to compete as hard as you can is great. Now send them to Milwaukee to fill out their game, and we'll see what they can do down here later on.

I really like Bergfors. The kid may not be our PP savior, but he definitely has an eye for the net. And he shoots the puck! How insane is that?!

I'm excited to see Tootoo, Spaling, SK, a healthy Fisher for a full season, a full year of Blum and Klein, Halischuck, O'Reilly, Wilson and Bergfors. I know that's nearly half of our team, but I really think those guys will improve quite a bit over what they did last season.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote