View Single Post
Old
09-29-2011, 12:58 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
With the Rangers current lineup I can see an argument for not dressing Avery every night--especially if he's not consistent but one thing I wouldn't do--I would absolutely make sure if he were healthy that he was in the lineup against any division rivals or teams like the Bruins or Caps because he has the ability to make a game miserable for an opponent and he tends to step up in the most important games. The other night was an example because the Flyers set out to run us right out of their building and Sean provided a lot of the push back. I mean we're watching Erixon head for the bench in the middle of the scrum between Talbot and Deveaux. Teams that don't defend themselves are going to get run over and they're no fun to watch.

Again I think he goes offside a little too much and I think he turns over the puck more than he should in his own zone. He's fully capable of taking needless/sometimes stupid penalties. Still he plays for keeps, can skate and forecheck and can make nice plays on occasion. You won't have to look hard for him if there's trouble on the ice. He's a decent player though maybe slightly pricey even only paying half his salary. With our current roster--he's a good option to have.