Old
09-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazy View Post
Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson was the best in terms of output, no doubt, since the lockout. I do, however, think that line benefited from the high-scoring years post-lockout, though. Imo, our first line is more exciting to watch, though. Ottawa's line was very bland, they didn't play physically and had trouble against tight-checking teams. It was Alfredsson as the forechecker and defensive presence, Spezza was the setup man, and Heatley was the guy waiting Spezza's pass for the one timer. RPG can give you more looks and is much better at the grinding and cycling when they have to. Not to mention, all 3 are great playmakers and shooters.

Again, I don't disagree that the Pizza line was the best post-lockout.
I also think the RPG line is less consistent. We've seen them dominate games, but sometimes you just get the impression they dominate when they -want- to, and there are definitely games they seem to cruise through at times. It's just the line has such talent that they can still out up points in games like that.

It's also easy to look at the Pizza line and remember how the Pahlsson line made them their *****, but forget that it was the best offensive line in those playoffs by a fair margin. They were dominating teams in the playoffs, though I agree, it was more hum-drum than the RPG line. That line always struck me as more methodical. Like a German luxury car vs the RPG line's American(North American) muscle.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote