View Single Post
Old
09-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
I expect players to be effective at what they're purportedly good at. That what they're good at may be different doesn't matter.
Holland is expected to be the 2nd line center. His skills will best be improved playing big 1st line minutes in the AHL, not playing 10 minutes a night being told to be a checker on the Ducks 3rd line. So he was sent down.

DSP is expected to be a checker on the 3rd line, with possibly 2nd line upside. He is getting an extended look to see if he can be an effective checker on the 3rd line now. He has a minimal chance because he's one of the few players we have who will provide some large bodied hitting. Personally I feel he's behind McMillan, Gordon, Cogliano, and Beleskey, and I think it would be a waste to put him on the 4th line, but Beleskey's injury gives him a spot in the press box. The thing that bothers me most about him is he seems slower at the end of games. I haven't decided if that's just because I don't notice him much before then or if he's out of shape.

On an unrelated note we now have 4(!) centers who can play the PK (Koivu, Cogliano, Macenauer, McMillan). 2 of them can even win faceoffs.......

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote