View Single Post
Old
09-29-2011, 03:52 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Unless Trotz is willing to make Smitty/Spaling/Tootoo the true fourth line rather than 2nd/3rd line, I'd rather just give Wilson or Bergfors, or both, a chance at the top 6 spot rather than trading away assets.
I don't see that happening. The shutdown line will probably get third line-type minutes. Luckily, though, Tootoo looks like a completely different player since cleaning up. He is a legitimate threat out there, and I think having Tootoo playing with Spaling will help Nick's growth. Smithson is Smithson. Great PKer. Great defensive, grinding forward. Can kill some of the best offensive pushes.

I'm with you, though. I want to see what Bergfors and Wilson do before we start talking about needing another forward. Having someone for depth would be nice. If you are a fan of this team and didn't yet understand the importance of depth, last year should have been a very good lesson. I think our top six is set. It may not be flashy. It may not produce a line that strikes fear into the hearts of other teams. The parity between our three scoring lines will be effective as usual. Other coaches will have a hard time deciding which line to defend against and which line to let the weak pairing(s) (I'm looking at you, Columbus ) go up against, even with last change.

Maybe Hillen will turn into a PP QB

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote