View Single Post
Old
10-26-2003, 05:41 AM
Goulet17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avfan#21
Rumours have been swirling about Mike Ricci possibly being available as the Sharks are starting off poorly. I believe he's scheduled to be an UFA at the end of the year. Would you want him back and if so, what would you be willing to part with to get him?

As for me, I'd love to see the guy back with the Avs. I hated it when we had to deal him to save money. I'd offer the Avs second round for the guy.
I'd love it, but it would all depend on what we would have to give up. I certainly wouldn't give up anything off of the roster for him. I think with the loss of Hahl the Avs will need to pick up another gritty third or fourth line player for the playoff run. Without Hahl, the Avs have no natural center to play on the fourth line.

If they could be had for a similar price as to what was paid for Marchment last year, I would hope that the Avs would look to add a Conroy, Ricci, or even a Wes Walz type center ice man to solidify a fourth line (I'm assuming that Calgary, San Jose, and Minnesota will be out of the playoff hunt by the trade deadline). I hope the Avs can make a run at Wes Walz. He could be perfect on the fourth line, and a tremendous addition on the penalty kill with his speed. Make Konowalchuk-Nikolishin-McCormack the third line and Worrell-Walz-Hinote the fourth line.

The problem is that Avs IMO will have to add a veteran goaltender to at the very least supplement Aebischer in the post season. So are the Avs going to have the resources to make multiple trade deadline acquisitions?

I don't think the Avs can afford to give up players off their roster in trades with their current lack of depth.