View Single Post
Old
10-26-2003, 05:58 AM
Kinger1

vCash: 500
I agree that the effort has been there and Denis has not made the big saves when it was needed. Coaching has to be questioned some last night as it was apparent that we were playing the third not to lose instead of trying to win the game. The forwards were content to make the zone and get off for a quick line change. We stopped the forecheck and cycle in their zone and sat back and tried to force turnovers in the neautral zone.

Also, three goals against the Richardson - Spacek Knutsen, Nash & Marchant unit. This is supposed to be our top group yet they came up short. The Guerin line was better than our top line last night.

This summer everyone was crying about our defensize system and now that we are playing one (very well mind you) everyone is crying about a lack of goals. We missed Sandy on the PP last night. He's the only one willing to shoot from anywhere on the ice.

We have lost to Detroit, Dallas Tampa Bay (still unbeaten), Atlanta (Snyder Tribute) and Nashville. Four of those games were one goal games where we had opportunities to earn at least a point. Three were decided in the third period. We are playing better and any time a team is missing three - five established NHLers and replaces them with AHL talent it will affect the outcome. Am I making excuses. No. I think we are close to being a solid team. We simply need to learn to win. Guys like Sydor and Marchant should help with that, but once Denis comes around it will make a huge difference.