Thread: PGT: *crickets* -_______-
View Single Post
Old
09-30-2011, 01:29 AM
m00ks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
You dont want to over-analyze a pre season game but given that the habs were 1-5, and with the pre season winding down and having an almost complete lineup, I think we should take a few points away from this game.

First of all, there's alot of uncharacteristic defensive zone turnovers. Pre season or not, JM wont be pleased about that. You are getting to the point where the team should be close to form. The defense does look a little confused back there, not that the forwards have been helping too much. Budaj needs to be better as well... I dont know if he has a light swtich where he can just turn it on, but if he remains like this, he's no better than auld, and I've been skeptical about this signing from the very beginning.

Offensively, I'm not too worried. The team is creating chances, and on a regular day, they would have at least 3 goals tonight.

At this point, I wouldnt say I'm jumping off the bridge, but from a team defense point of view, my eyebrows are getting raised a little bit.
Pretty much. Been skeptical about the defensive corps with all the question marks surrounding it. Loss of Hamrlik and Wiz combined can only be off-setted by having Markov back and that's not likely to come anytime soon.

Still, the lightning have quality offensive forwards and we iced a backup behind a weaker D. Hopefully, having Price and a more potent offense would yield a better results than what we saw tonight.

S'all gravy when the general gets back.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote