Thread: PGT: *crickets* -_______-
View Single Post
Old
09-30-2011, 05:43 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

vCash: 500
The third period was the first preseason action I got to watch. Not too impressed to say the least.

Habs won 42 % of their faceoffs. This hasn't been addressed with the departure of Halpern.

The Habs lack another top four d-man to compensate for Markov or Subban injuries. I feel sorry for Subban because with Markov missing he'll be asked to carry the offensive load. Campoli is a nice addition but the Habs are also missing that "babysitting" type two way d-man they've had the last four years.

I didn't understand the backup goalie change. Never thought it was an area that cost Habs games last year. If the reports are true that Budaj is weak between the ears then I'm sure he felt quite welcomed and relieved with the game ending boos. Auld never seemed too fazed by anything and given his sporadic playing time I thought he did a good job.

Nothing really impressed me last night except Diaz maybe. Desharnais is nothing better than a third line center. He struggled last year when he was moved up. Gill and his "elite" long reach didn't work there on Connolly's goal. Yemelin threw some hits but there wasn't much there to deter the Lightning.

And for a team down by three in the third there was little offensive pressure. Way to pack it in boys.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote