View Single Post
Old
10-26-2003, 06:25 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
That's a solid point; I always say that if a player can enjoy a mini hot streak that it proves him beyond any shadow of a doubt and any previous history is now irrelevant.

Considering how well you handled the discussion of Tanguay last time, I'm rather surprised you would start such a thread, especially in such a baiting manner. Good job all around.
Was more referring to this thread : http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=22042
than anything you might have said but since you agree with the 'leech' tag, yeah I guess a little of that is for you too.

You can have all the opinions you want on Tanguay, about him being soft, lousy defensively, has confidence problems, whatever. However, when you call him a leech, that's when I take offense, because, to me, a leech is someone who comes along for the ride and brings absolutely nothing to the group. Perhaps we have different definitions for what a 'leech' is but to me and a bunch of other Avs fans AND hockey fans in general (see thread) that is clearly not the case with Alex Tanguay. (see post from revolverjgw on page 8...that is a pretty accurate assessment of Tanguay)

He has 6 assists in the past 2 games and there are 2-3 of those goals if not more that would not have been scored if he had not made the initial great play. That is not the work of a leech.