View Single Post
Old
10-26-2003, 06:33 AM
B-rock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mole ii
Boy youre outlook is awfully negative. Its not healthy you know. And dont you know the saying 'never say never?'

Another name ill throw out here who is more comparable is...

Jeff O'neill - 6'1 200 lbs.

- Has terrific speed, shifty moves and a lethal shot. Is confident in his ability to put up big numbers. Hits everything in sight.

Jason King - 6'1 195 lbs.

- Has terrific speed, shifty moves(doesnt do many due to lack of confidence) and a lethal shot. Is confident in his ability to put up big numbers. All he needs to work on is his hitting(and that isnt too hard ) Playing styles are comparable.

Jeff O'neill is obviously bigger right now but KIng will get stronger and will continue to mature physically..
Negative or Realistic.
I think it would only be negative if I said King will suck or something to that effect. It's not that I don't wish him to be a power forward, it's just that he doesn't play like that. The power forward game is not his style. You're right that he and O'Neill are similar in stature, but you're neglecting the fact that O'Neill plays a mean and physically punishing game. O'Neill hits people. King doesn't. It's not something that you bring to your game if you don't already play that way. You either do it or you don't. And King doesn't- at least not with any real impact.

If King all of a sudden decides to start driving people through the boards, then I'll be the first one to say I'm wrong, but I don't foresee that happening. I didn't see him play in junior, so I don't know exactly what his style is once he gets more confident (not that he's struggling with that presently) but I'm guessing it doesn't include running people over. Especially given the fact that rookies are keen to make impressions, both to their coach and their teamates, and those usually include hitting and/or fighting as well as scoring. Seeing as how King's a rookie and he has only displayed scoring ability (which is great) I don't think he will suddenly start playing any differently.