View Single Post
Old
09-30-2011, 09:43 AM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post

Team building takes patience and forethought. Trying to do it without tanking for years is almost unheard of. For all of the griping about particular moves Poile makes it's hard to argue against the overall results ... top five regular season record since the lockout, playoffs made every year but one since 03-04, while working on a tight budget. Now if he and Trotz can fix the PP this becomes a truly dangerous team that contends in the post season.

I disagree that this is any sort of an achievement.

This is a league where over half the teams make the playoffs. It's statistically easier to make the playoffs then not. Regular season points are meaningless (if anything, all the points racked up in the regular season just underscores the level of underachievement when it comes to the playoffs).

We've had 2 successful seasons in our existence - the first year we made the playoffs and last year.

Eeking into the playoffs as the #8 seed and getting blown off the ice every year - people aren't going to buy that much longer, with ever escalating ticket prices, etc. And when that happens, where is this franchise?

I'm not saying I know better than DP, but since when are GM's infallible (Fire Millen, Mike Milbury)?

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote