View Single Post
Old
09-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
No, I'm not. If you weren't so busy ranting you'd realize that.

When Radulov left he was a relatively proven commodity with two seasons of NHL experience ... 18g in 64gp and 26g in 81gp. It was already too late to make any moves in the 2008 free agent market once he left. That left a very small pool of young, highly touted players to bring back this comparative talent ... namely Suter, Weber, and Rinne. That would have been the cost for an equivalent talent coming back ... so which would you have given up or would you have been unwilling to pay such a steep price? (careful, you may end up agreeing with Poile here)

As for drafting ... we haven't had a top five pick due to on ice success over the years. Wilson is three years from his draft class. Comparatively at that point in their respective careers Wilson finished with 34 points in 82 games whereas Radulov put up 37 in 64. This upcoming season is Wilson's chance to compare to Radulov's 26 goal season. Draft picks take time to develop ... especially when you're not making a top three overall choice. Ellis is two years from his draft ... or the same point where Radulov first played for the Ads then got called up.
So what you're saying is no GM EVER traded up to get the prospect they thought they needed? Or maybe there was some guy named Eberle who was available instead of Pickard? The old guard of this forum has no imagination or creativity. What myself, and others, have asked is that management back up the words they have said and they haven't. We, as paying customers, deserve to have what management promised us. Oh wait I am being too radical for you. Better shut up now since I am ranting.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote