Thread: PGT: *crickets* -_______-
View Single Post
Old
09-30-2011, 11:50 AM
HABsurde

vCash: 500
Okay, let's all settle down... it's only pre season.... Would have like the Habs to do better? You bet, but am i going to go crazy about this like some on this board? Let's take a deep breath... okay we're all relax now....

I would have been more confident with Roman Hamrlik still in our line-up, since he's not, we have to work around this....

Budaj didn't do very good as a number one in Colorado, i'm sure he will do better as a number 2 in Montreal, let's give him some time, and let the team work a defensive system....

Price will be Price, so no need to panic yet...

As mentionned, let our defensive minded head coach and his defensive minded coaching crew install their system... Of last year team, Subban, Gill, Spacek and Weber are the ones who where there. Subban's a gem, Weber is green, the rest are spare parts.... With a system, and a tighter defense (specially until Markov comes in)
It won't be great, but it will be fine

Subban will be the general, nothing to add

Gorges will be a fine lieutenant, always working hard, always present, always steady... (Was i afraid when he twisted his knee yesterday) no problem there

When The secretary of defense Andrei Markov comes back, we'll have a very solid top 3 there, not the best, but definetly not the worst

Now the rest of the crew, the platoon patrol

Gill, in a limited time, with the system, playing with Gorges or Subban is a veteran that will do his best, is it going to be enough? i'm not sure but for better or worse, for 60-70 games, he will be okay

Chris Campoli will be a good addition, he will eat minutes, put some points on the board, will not be as reliable defensively as Hamrlik or offensively as Wisniewski but he will be a good soldier on the ice...

Spacek, see Gill, un a limited role, with no more than 17 minutes of ice, he will be just fine as a 5-6 D

Never forget that in this now fast pace NHL, it's probably a little harder for older guys to get in game shape fast, be in shape? No, they are all training, but game shape is more complicated and when your not an all-star to begin with.... so we'll see

Yannick Weber, like Streit before, the possibility of playing forward is saving is butt for now, he will never be a top 4, but a 22 year old player needs one thing, it is to play and i'm not going to overjudge on exhibition game when you change player all the time and when you want to do to much... in the right game situation with a regular line-up, and with a defensive system implement, he will be fine...

That leaves us with the comrade Emelin... I have confidence that by december, well paired, well coach and acclimated to the ice surface, the league and the new surrounding, he will be in the top 4.... work needs to be done, but he shall be a player for us, it's just a question of time until he puts everything together...

In front... if Jacques Martin, like the coaches in the 80's, wants to match 3rd line againts oppening teams top line, we will be in serious trouble... DD is not a defensive machine, specially not at center and AK doesn't have consistency as is motto... but let's be serious here

In a regular season setting, i doubt that the 3rd line we saw yesterday will face a top line in montreal on purpose, specially when that top line includes two of, arguably, the top 10 forwards in the NHL (Stamkos and Saint-Louis) so, let's not freak about this....

I think Cammy will have a great season, 3 goals already, couple of missed chances last night, he'll be fine

Cole is a nice addition that will provide offense and a physical presence...

I'm worried about Plek pre-season, no results, i don't mind, but for me. he's always the hardest working player on this team, and he has not showed that to me yet, but he's a veteran, we'll see.

I cannot imagine that Gomez can do worst than last year. so he should be an upgrade....

I think it will be the break-out year of Pacioretty, i'm confident he will be a force for this team

Gionta (as Gill and Spacek) takes longer to get ready for game play, remember last year? hard beginning, great end of season, it's not as much age as the fact that a guy of his stature, playing that kind of game, it takes is toll....

DD on the wing and PP, with minimum apport on defense will work for this team...

Let's hope AK realise that it is the last year of his contract, and that with less pressure on a 3rd line can carry the load....

Darche is a warrior that can help at every level of the game so it's okay...

In a regular situation, Eller, White and Moen are ready and play in that line-up... Even if they are 3rd or 4th line player don't underestimate their contribution to the line up

In that case, Eller centers the 3rd with AK and DD, White leads the 4th with Moen and Darche and the 13 forward is whatever....

but now, guys like Enqvist, Palushaj or Blunden are not just fillers, they need to play, which they do in preseason BUT in regular season, in certain games, the 4th will only get limited amount of time

Which lead us to Gallagher... In the mentioned situation, he should be sign and at least play the 9 games until the line up is fully settle

SO basically, i can be completly off the field, but until mid-october, i'm not going to judge the team result by panicking...

can't wait for october 6th

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote