View Single Post
Old
09-30-2011, 11:38 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
He's a Flyer; he gets booed. I'm sure he couldn't care less how we receive him. If he did he would have stayed clear of Philadelphia. there were other suitors and he took the Philly offer for less money.
I don't believe this is correct.... He's making $3.3 mil this season with Philly... Who was offering him more money? Penguins offered him $2 mil:

Quote:
PITTSBURGH (AP)—The Penguins on Friday withdrew their one-year contract offer to forward Jaromir Jagr.

The team made the announcement moments before the free-agency signing period began at noon. The offer was for $2 million
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-penguins-jagr

Quote:
“We made what we thought was a very fair contract offer to Jaromir on Tuesday, based on his stated interest of returning to the Penguins,” general manager Ray Shero said. “We made our best offer from the start, given our salary-cap structure, in an attempt to facilitate a deal. But now, after several days, with an extended time frame for making a decision, and additional teams getting involved, we have decided to move in a different direction.
Jagr dragging his feet making a decision and sending mixed signals, and a team deciding they need to move on because of the delay and mixed signals? Sound familiar Jagr chases $$$$.... Many would tell you there's nothing wrong with that, that's his decision to make, not my business.... But let's not believe for a minute that he makes his decisions based on personal loyalty to any organization....

Last edited by wolfgaze: 09-30-2011 at 11:46 AM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote