View Single Post
Old
10-26-2003, 06:50 AM
GorillazXL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
So what the hell.

If this keeps up for a few more games, McTavish should be gone. I'll admit I'm wrong if Conklin comes back, wins and stays in, Bergy draws back into the lineup and stays, and Laraque and Isbister spend some time in the pressbox.

But, you can't fire ALL the players. (And at this point in the season, I think the only ones I want to keep are Hemsky, Reasoner, Moreau, and Staois.) This team needs a shakeup, bad. This roller coaster up and down stuff is going to get us about 80 points this year, and that just isn't going to do it as far as the playoff picture goes.
The way the Oil is playing we would be lucky to get 80pts...try 60pts. I think the Oilers will find a way to get out of this rut that they are in. As for players I think we're two players away from making this team into a very competitive team. The two positions that the Oil have to address is the puck handling D and a first line center. I know this sounds like alot but we have some promising prospect that can fullfill those roles in Ninmakki/Pouliet and Lynch. IMO when Lowe deals Comrie, he should stick to his game plan and get the best deal that he feels will help the oilers in the future not a quick fix (eg. No Bondra).

GXL