View Single Post
Old
09-30-2011, 03:27 PM
Max Levine

vCash: 500
We often miss those who are gone but when they were here, there was a lot of complaining. Hamrlik will have a good year in Washington... from afar. But no doubt Caps fans will be *****ing about him now and then.

Gill has done nothing so far. But he's shown in the past how long it takes him to get it going. Could be his career is done but he gave that same impression early in the season last year, and the previous year.

Spacek? I don't know what to think of Spacek. I'm still hoping for his best season in his three years in Montreal.

Gorges will be fine. Subban will be fine.

Markov, when he returns, will make a difference as long as he remains healthy.

So one of Campoli, Weber and Emelin will have to get the final spot. If Spacek struggles, two of them will have to step in. I'm confident that Martin will set his pairings and one of those guys will play with more confidence with his regular partner.

I'm actually counting on Emelin to be paired with Markov and make it work. If so, then there will be one spot left for Spacek or Campoli to play alongside Subban or Gorges.

Markov-Emelin
Gill/Spacek/Campoli-Subban
Gill/Spacek/Campoli-Gorges
Spacek/Campoli/Weber

I don't think this is a bad defense once you find the best matches and you let them play together for 10-15 games.

Max Levine is offline   Reply With Quote