View Single Post
Old
10-18-2005, 03:27 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by easton122
He might be similar because of size and strength but he's not a Zeus kind of player. Vasicek is gearded more to offense while Handzus echos almost all of Vasicek's offensive qualities but brings Selke candidate two-way play as well.

Williams needs to play with good players if he is ever going to reach his potential. If he returned to Philly he'll eventually be a 20-40-60 player while remaining one of the best two-way wingers and one of the best PKers in the game. Williams is 23 now and he needs to take a step in the right direction. Playing on the worst offensive team in the league I'm afraid he's going to regress unless he gets to play with Staal who somehow pulls out a monster year at a young age.
two things.first, i dont think youve really watched joe. he was a two way defensive center his first three years, especially the year they went to the cup finals. he can play the two way role very well, getting him on wing was an attempt to get his offense going. which it did. i agree that zues is more developed at the role at this point, but he is older. no reason joe cant be the same player if he stays healthy. second,as for williams being on the lowest scoring team, again, maybe you havent been paying attention. the canes have 13 goals in 2 games. maybe its a fluke, but from watching i think they are far better o-wise than previous years.

and for those who say you dont want williams, pass the info on to all the other philly fans who continually have him coming back.read this very thread.