View Single Post
Old
10-26-2003, 07:28 AM
hossy316

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to hossy316
Quote:
Originally Posted by pei_bruins
We need to be able to start to win these games in which they have the lead. The Oilers as a team over the last 7-8 years have never been good at holding the lead when they get it. I would almost rather see them down a goal or two in the third period, it seems as though they play better. What I think they need is a veteren presence in the dressing room to help these young guys out and teach them how to play with the lead. Just like Dallas had with Kirk Muller. I mean if the Oil would have had a Muller type player on their team against Dallas in the playoffs over the last number of years, they may have won one or two of those series'. That's why I wanted Edmonton to sign Messier at the beginning of the season. He'd look a hell of a lot better out there than Horcoff at center. There are still a few guys out there that haven't been signed as of yet that I think could help us. How about Adam Oates or a Steve Thomas?? Look what they both did for Anaheim last season. They need to sign a couple guys who know what it takes to win close games, who have been there before. Make a splash Lowe, before it is too late.
Agreed!!