Thread: Confirmed with Link: Kings Sign Trent Hunter (1 Year, $600k)
View Single Post
Old
09-30-2011, 05:31 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1100 View Post
He has? Let's see - he did well his rookie year. Played a whopping 6 or 7 games last year (5 reg season; 2 or 3 in playoffs) and that's it.

If he's looked as poorly in camp as has been reported, fine, he lost his job on a very deep team. But to say he's had every opportunity and that the Kings can't wait any longer is crap.

Bottom line is when he is healthy, he produces. I have no doubt he'll get picked up on waivers and succeed elsewhere. However, NOBODY should ever complain that he didn't find success with LA. It just simply didn't work out, period.

Parse and Moulson are two completely different stories.
If he was 22 or so, I'd agree. He's been to five training camps and looked worse in his fifth one than he did in previous ones. By the way he's played, he would have been cut a while ago if he was anyone else. If anyone knew they had a job to lose on this team of the bubble guys, it was him, and he didn't rise to the occasion.

Btw, he may have only played five games last year, but that's no excuse. He lost his job to a guy who played just 17 games last year.

Also, you say when healthy he produces. He's never scored more than 15 goals in a season since college. I was all for giving him a chance too, but he did nothing to show he's better than other players and worth keeping.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote