View Single Post
Old
09-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Answers in italics.

I have no idea what NSH would be willing to give him up for. They don't know if Radulov will ever return to play for them, why not get SOMETHING for him and dump his issues off on another team? The only thing that'd drive up his value is his skill (again, obviously), but with his attitude, he could be another Zherdev. All teams need to decide that when they place value in the trade.
Fair enough--I did miss the "+."

I guess what I'm suggesting is, if Nashville believes Radulov will come back over, they would want far more than the Flyers would likely be willing to give up for him (+Schenn? a 1st? I'm not sure); they would accept much less in the interim, but that move makes no sense for the Flyers.

The way that this team is currently constructed, I don't really think they could give up a plus asset on the chance Radulov would come back--at which point he's only under control for a few years anyway, right? He's 25, isn't he? So one year @ ELC + 1 year RFA (unless there is some provision in the CBA that overrides the normal 27 years old / 7 years of service rule).

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote