View Single Post
Old
09-30-2011, 09:59 PM
Midnight Oil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Couturier has been showing signs of dominance. His ability to control the puck in the offensive zone while not only maneuvering his large frame but also using it to his advantage is exactly what I wanted to see. Skating problems? He has a slower acceleration for a skilled guy but not many skilled guys have his size. He has the agility to move around so it does not matter if it takes an extra step for him to get to top speed. He's not the guy we need for breakaways.

Believe it or not, he's everything the Sens wanted in Zibanejad; a center who could control the pace of play in the offensive zone and eat the puck.

The Senators made a mistake, as did a number of other teams that took players above Couturier. This has been evident all preseason.

And that's talking only about his offensive game. That's leaving untouched his awareness in the defensive zone matched with his long arm length/stick work.

Couturier is the real deal and, as I said many times before, much closer to Eric Staal than to Jordan Staal.
This is music to my ears.

Midnight Oil is offline   Reply With Quote