View Single Post
Old
10-01-2011, 10:42 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
On the defenseman sent down:

Erixon--needs to be more physical. He took a number of tripping penalties--some of them not necessary. He could be a player who comes up mid season like McDonagh last year and solidifies a spot. Of all the players sent down he's the closest to being a legit core player for the Rangers.

Parlett--needs to be more physical as well. He's another cerebral guy with good puck skills. There are not that many Lidstrom's around who get away with just positioning and skill.

McIlrath--I think he a very good camp and is not as far away as some here would have you think. Needs more maturing though--needs to get better with the puck but he's only 19. I think he has a future. He did go for a skate on a play yesterday. Pinching in and the puck was already going up the ice in the direction.

Bourque--at best with the other forwards we have he would be a 4th liner/spare. He's a kid and he needs ice time. The AHL is the best place for him to be at this point.

Hagelin--didn't outplay the vets. Showed a lot of speed and is good defensively but on the offense he did not do a lot.

Mitchell,Newbury--I like quite a lot. Both in their 20's but not really kids and they both have quite a bit of NHL experience but they're both bottom line/spare types. Both know the score--they're nice to have around to call up.

Weise--needs a bit more consistency. Again did not outplay the vets. He seems closer but if and when the opportunity comes around again he is really going to have to grab it.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote