View Single Post
Old
10-01-2011, 11:29 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
I don't think any of those mean all that much when we are talking about our 12th forward. Kenopka can start contributing two seconds after he puts his skates on the ice with a big hit, fight or face-off win. Plus he is a better PKer. Winchester's talents are subject to diminishing returns the less time he gets, and the less talented his line-mates are. Kenopka doesn't have that problem. Winchester is better served taking the spot of an injured player.
Konopka may be a better 4th liner, but like you said Winchester is a better injury replacement. Check out my lines and the only spot Konopka fits is on the fourth line with Neil and Smith. Winchester would be the better extra forward. And I disagree that he is a better PKer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabokov20 View Post
I highly doubt either Konopka or Winchester will be waived. Worst case scenario is they sit in the press box or get traded. Injuries happen throughout the course of the season and these guys have valuable NHL experience.
But without Hoffman and Daugavins, there is 15 forwards (Providing Zib and Da Costa stay). Someone has to go, as 14 forwards would be the max to carry.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote