View Single Post
Old
10-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Gill is a reliable Dman when you do not want to get scored and that's a major thing. Who was on the ice in the last minute of the SC 7th game against the Wings with a one goal advantage ? I still remember Pat Burns praising him for his reliability.
A lot of people have used this as an example to prove how reliable he is defensively. It got me thinking, and I had written a nice post with multiple videos explaining how it was not a good example.
I do not have time to re-write or find the post, so I will be quick.
First, this was 3years ago, like anybody else in life, he got older and slower.
Second, there is just about 5sec left when he gets placed on the ice, i believe it was orpik with his partner that were used for a 40sec shift prior to that faceoff.
Third,with Gill's approach to always block shots, he actually is the reason why detroit gets not one, but two scoring chances. He goes out of his way to block the first shot, which results in a very clear shot for zetterberg bcuz did not direct his blocked shot properly. Fleury had to make a crazy save which then resulted in the lidstrom chance.
Finally, blindly saying he was on the at the end of the game 7, is irrelevant. I could say he's bad bcuz he was on the ice when boston score their series clinching.

Cant look at things that simply.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote