View Single Post
Old
10-26-2003, 09:24 AM
Laperriere22*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender
Was more referring to this thread : http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=22042
than anything you might have said but since you agree with the 'leech' tag, yeah I guess a little of that is for you too.

You can have all the opinions you want on Tanguay, about him being soft, lousy defensively, has confidence problems, whatever. However, when you call him a leech, that's when I take offense, because, to me, a leech is someone who comes along for the ride and brings absolutely nothing to the group. Perhaps we have different definitions for what a 'leech' is but to me and a bunch of other Avs fans AND hockey fans in general (see thread) that is clearly not the case with Alex Tanguay. (see post from revolverjgw on page 8...that is a pretty accurate assessment of Tanguay)

He has 6 assists in the past 2 games and there are 2-3 of those goals if not more that would not have been scored if he had not made the initial great play. That is not the work of a leech.
Thanks for linking me to what you were talking about. I haven't read a trade proposal or rumor in quite awhile and I just assumed everything was directed towards me (not a ridiculous assumption to make is it?). My mistake and my apologies.

Personally, I'd like to see Tanguay keep up his current play over the season (where he's outplaying Hejduk on that line). When Tanguay is playing confidently, he's not even the same kind of player. His play this year is light years ahead of what he was doing last year. Last year was Forsberg and Hejduk, with Tanguay having a few good games and getting points because of those two. This year, Tanguay is directly leading to goals being scored, which I didn't see much of from him last year. He's making the final pass or backing the defense off or taking quality shots. That's all I need to see from him. As for revolver???'s comments, take those with a grain of salt because he clearly said that he watched Tanguay in Halifax; so, there's going to be some bias involved there. If Tanguay plays like this all year, I won't berate him any further.