View Single Post
Old
10-01-2011, 06:57 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekamaniac View Post
I have to say...I need to vent...but hear me out.

I am EXTREMELY disappointed and confused with several decisions being made:

1) Our defense has to be the softest in the league. They will be get run over and dominated down-low by 75% of teams. Diaz, Spacek, Gorges, Campoli are all small and provide zero-grit. Our only physical presence on the blueline is Subban, and even then, that is not his go-to game.
I have no clue why Yemelin and Weber are being jerked around. Yemelin fills a glaring weakness on our team, that can't be overlooked.

2) I never thought we would be softer than last year...but we have ZERO physical presence in our line-up. I realize Moen/White are injured, but there is no guarantee the will even play when healthy.

3) What is with Erik Cole? Is JM serious pairing him with Darche and Desharnais? He goes from playing with Skinner and Staal in Carolina to two journeymen? Total dis-respect.

This is our last pre-season game, which makes me tend to believe that this is what our line-up will look like come Thursday. If Cole was going to play with Plek/Cammy...he would be on a line with them tonight to try and build chemistry.

As for the 4th line..it should serve a purpose. It should be gritty and be able to change the momentum of games. We have a make-shift 4th line that is simply thrown together with no thought. Weber/Enqvsit/Palushaj?

Seriously?

Anyways...I have a bad feeling. I sure hope this is not a sign of things to come this year...we are going to be pushed around, especially in our own zone like we have never seen before.
Oh, the usual lack of physicality rant.

I agree on the rest of the points you brought up, though. I dont know why Cole was paired with Darche.