View Single Post
Old
10-26-2003, 11:21 AM
Kodiak

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I'm not gonna tell you Sather has been great at building the farm because he hasn't. I do feel that he has done a decent job. It's definately better now then it was 3-4 years ago. Every team has 3 blue chippers? That's great because we didn't. Sleepers? Only a couple of those. We had nothing except Brandl and Lundmark. Now we should get at least four NHL players from our farm (Blackburn, Moore, Tyutin, and then maybe Staal, Moore, Baranka, Jessman at least one of those 3). We may be far from the best farm but its considerably better then when Sather got here.

The only move I wish Sather made was trading up to get Pitkanen.... I really wanted him.
Nothing except Lundmark and Brendl? We had Johnsson, considered one of the top young d-men in Sweden; York and Mottau, both favorites for the Hobey Baker; and Hlavac, who had just led the Czech league in scoring to name a few. Not to mention a slew of what were considered quality goaltending and defensive prospects at the time. There was a reason why this team was ranked as high as 8th overall in the past.