View Single Post
Old
10-02-2011, 12:42 PM
kassian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I'd rather have Laraque at 1.5 giving our younger and smaller players a sense of security than Dandenault at 1.7 doing abosolutley nothing. Here's what you said then and it's what I've been saying now. We both agree GL didn't play the role that we had hoped for, but once again you decided with management in something that you are vehemently against now. Funny thing is I didn't even know if you posted in there, but found exactly what I expected.

My reason for toughness is exactly how you just explained it, security and confidence, not to prevent injuries. I still believe someone who is willing to play that role would be beneficial, GL was unwilling to do what we needed, not all are like him.
I agree. Laraque was absolutely useless. If one of our players was cheapshotted, Laraque would just invite the guy to fight after a whistle and the guy would refuse because he knows he'd get his ass kicked by BGL. Laraque was just too soft in that department.

That's all he'd do: ask for a fight and if denied, he'd just go on about his own business.

I'm gonna throw in some names who would really defend our teammates the way everyone would want to: Paul Mara (oh, the guy we could've had for about 300k more instead of the scrub Woywitka - he did an work awesome in that department, remember his fight against Kaleta and others), Steve MacIntyre (the guy, even one of the strongest in the league at this point, wouldn't accept having one his teammates cheapshotted like that), Darcy Hordichuk (could play around 20 games against the toughest opposition - great team guy), Zenon Konopka (great face-off guy, would be better than Engqvist at this point, who's known to protect his buddies), Brandon Prust (guy who steps up and can play good hockey), just to name a few.